Everyday Runway

Media, Model and More at New York Fashion Week

Photo credits www.nyfw.com
For the Spring/Summer 2016 show, #NYFW introduced fashionistas to a  new look, new venues and a new automotive sponsor.  Lexus secured one of the most coveted spots in sponsorship glory that had been held by Mercedes Benz since 2009.
The beauty of Fashion Week is the number of shows throughout the city highlighting the well known designers and the emerging designers claiming their spot in this world of fashion.

September 10th - 17th for many is like opening presents on Christmas morning. The excitement of ripping the wrapping paper off.  The anticipation knowing there is something waiting to be presented to you that you can't see until mom or dad decide its time. Yes, its  definitely like Christmas.  For me it was like ...
Christmas before I realized who Santa Claus was because this was my first year attending!

After landing I ran through the airport excited to drop my bags off at the hotel, freshen up and hit the scene. 

First up for me and Alea (my fashion partner in crime for the weekend) was the fashion lounge hosted by NOLCHA fashions. 

The lounge showcased  independent brands including jewerly and accessories by my favorites Syd and Pia and Raje Styles, as well as Zayver Design. Handbags by Adora and Charles & Ron who presented their collection on Sunday.


 
 
Blogger, Stylist, Designers, Models & Media
Photo credit:  Nolcha Events
I got a chance to speak with everyone but was especially impressed with Haute House's CEO, Taneshia Camillo Sheffey.   Designers seeking to increase their brand awareness and sell their designs should work with this group.  Of course I spoke with her about featuring a few of the looks for designers on an upcoming segment of Everyday Runway. 
Jennifer & Taneshia
Photo credit:  Nolcha Events


Runway Debut in New York

Upon arrival to our third event on Saturday I was pulled from the media pit to walk for one of the featured designers for the evening.  To say that I was elated, excited and nervous all at the same time is an understatement.  After being rushed up the elevator to the holding room for designer Cheng Hao I was selected to model what would be the finale piece for his collection.

As a model there is no greater feeling so imagine my overwhelming roller coaster of emotions as the day continued.  First I had to be stuffed into my dress because I was just a tad too big for it.  Then the design team ripped the zipper and the only option was for me to be sewn into the dress...oh yeah my hair and makeup wasn't done!


I sat perfectly still in my chair for an hour waiting for the show to begin so I could hit the runway.  As I sat there I began to think of the challenges that I breezed through in order to get to this moment.  Truth be told: I kept praying that GOD would not let me relax my shoulders to much or pass gas causing the dress to tear before I walked the runway.  Needless to say the experience was one I would never forget. 

I walked the runway feeling faint from the torture of being sewn into the garment,  determined to make the most of my runway experience.  The only person that could tell something was wrong was my mother but otherwise Jennifer Michelle aka "The Falling Cupcake" made it without tipping over. 


Fashion Correspondent

Did I mention I interviewed a few models, designers and housewives.  The red carpet and after parties were fashionable and full of celebrity faces.  I won't name drop too much but here are a few of the people I had a chance to chat with:


@macys VIP party chatting with @cynthiabailey10 #macysfrontrow #macys #NYFW2015 #JenniferMichelle #jmichellemtam #RHOA #style #hottopics
Posted by Jennifer Michelle, MTAM on Thursday, September 17, 2015

I am sure that I forgot something but I just had to share my experience with you!  Ready for February and excited to be working all of the production companies, designers, and models.   

No comments:

Post a Comment