Everyday Runway

Diva and a Dime


If you are anything like me the idea of thrifting completely shuts you down!

20% of Americans thrift and maybe you want to give it a try but just don't know how. Today we are talking about thrifting and the methods that come with this madness I am trying to understand.

Last Wednesday I got a chance to spend the day with "The Fashion Connoisseur"  Ryan Jor El, who took me through his three step process. Yes he has a process and its known as The Three F's.  The Find. The Fury. The Finish. 



The Find. The find is the fun part (another F for me). Finding items takes a lot of time and patience and for a non shopper like me that can prove to be a major test. Wednesday was our shopping day at the Salvation Army because clothing is half priced. We spent a few minutes waiting for a good parking spot and then another 20 minutes combing through the racks. Ryan found some pieces I liked and some I would have never given a second glance. 

Tip: When trying your finds on, don't try to match them up with other things you find. Just try them on for fit, to look for tears, spots or other things that could put them in the toss pile. 

The Fury. Ah yes, the fury. The moment I became all flustered. (Yes, I am going to keep working with the F's). I returned home with my finds and remembered that Ryan said the key would be to confidante my finds with items I already owned. I proceeded to get everything cleaned, altered one and studied another. What was I going to wear for the segment? What would deliver the perfect fun, flirty look we were trying to accomplish? Using Ryan's process was great for the find but this fury process caused me to revert to my process...start with the shoes. 

How would I describe look one? Cute and corporate not fun and flirty. Immediately tossed to the side along with the gold Jessica Simpson platform stilettos. 

Now for look two. Fun. Flirty. Feminine. Fit was fabulous! Shoes looked amazing with the skirt and I was able to find a shirt in my closet. 

The Finish.  Finally the finish! My look was almost complete on Monday night. Designer skirt and shirt, an amazing pair of stilettos and accessories were the perfect compliment.  The process is now finished as Greg beats my face for an fun flirty finish. 

Tip: When completing your look make sure to go with what works for you and is a true showcase of "your style, your fashion" 

Now I understand and appreciate Ryan's process, THE THREE F'S!

Here is the finished look I modeled on Everyday Runway.

Jennifer after today's segment on WCCB News Rising.
Jennifer's Look
J. Crew 100% silk pocketed skirt ($2.00 from Salvation Army)
The Limited floral blouse 
Silver accessories
Grey and purple stilettos

Makeup by Gregory Lawrence. View his profile


View today's segment on WCCB News Rising

You can connect with Ryan on Twitter and Nakisha our corporate model from today's segment on Instagram. She is doing great work with the Goodwill and is a thriting guru. 

Follow Jennifer on these social media sites for the complete "More Than A Mannequin" experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment