Everyday Runway

Style Night Out

Style Night Out with Effie Loukas for Carolina Breast Friends.


For the newbies, Style Night Out is an annual event hosted by Effie Loukas where you can expect to see at least 30 designers or boutiques and 140 models on the runway in one night. To add more intensity to the production of a show this magnitude, each designer is assigned a makeup artist and hair stylist. Managing a show this size requires time, patience and a great team.  Making my way to my seat I ran into Joy Randall, Beauty Director. She had this to say about her experience managing the back of the house.



"I (Joy) asked Effie last year what I could do to help her and ease the load of producing the show. After we talked, I made sure to do what was necessary to ensure we had a great show so she could actually enjoy it this year. I don't mind helping out with hair and makeup and models. I don't even mind that I'm not able to wear my dress for tonight. It's all a part of making sure the show goes on seamlessly."







SHOWTIME
As soon as the show started I was impressed with the mixture of trends that graced the runway. In step with the trends, leather made many appearances throughout the night. 

In case you missed it, Everyday Runway debuted "Leather Is My Pleasure" as one of the top trends for the fall on September 10 (shameless plug for you to watch the segment if you haven't).

LEATHER Jacket
Chocolate LEATHER pants



LEATHER Dress

Another one of my favorite looks and trend is sequins! Give me sequins and let me sparkle.
TREND:  SEQUINS 


SEQUIN pants and jacket. ROCKER look
SEQUIN & Leather paired with this colorful coat!




















Not to forget about the men because they were absolutely lovely to look at and did an awesome job on the runway.

Ah yes, Vladimir and this classic grey ensemble!
Thank you SILVER FLY for this denim look!

This duo deserves honorable mention! One is never to young for fashion or the runway.

Tara Davis of Flow By Tara Davis always impresses me. Tara is a talented designer here in Charlotte, NC. She had this to say about her line when I asked what inspires her.
  "The words fluid and structure was my inspiration for this line. I wanted clean lines that flowed and tailored the figure at the same time."
Models for Flow by Tara Davis

                         





To purchase items from Flow by Tara Davis visit the website.



Models for Flow by Tara Davis

Photos provided by Josh Sherrill of J.O.S. Photography.

To view the entire Style Night Out photo gallery click here.

Special thanks to Alea Sherrill of My Style Daily for styling me and Gregory Lawrence for a serious makeup beating.


Jennifer Michelle, MTAM.
For the complete "More Than A Mannequin" experience lets connect on these social media sites.
TWITTER | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

Be sure to tune in October 8 at 8:35 am to WCCB News Rising for "Everyday Runway"

No comments:

Post a Comment